Author Topic: Kentucky Racing  (Read 12558 times)

Offline JayT312

• View Profile
Kentucky Racing
« on: March 05, 2010, 02:12:58 pm »
Anyone know of racing clubs in Kentucky?  I'm new to all this but very interested.  I had started building an older cub for racing some time ago but kids came along and i had to get rid of it.  Now i'm to the point i can start back in and i'm starting with an Agway.  But i'd really like to find a local place to go to see how they are setting everything up.  I'm interested in drag racing.  This site is awesome, i just joined yesterday and have learned so much right off the bat.

Offline Racerchck51

• Mow-Forum Junkie
  • I'm just one of the guys.
    • View Profile
Re: Kentucky Racing
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2010, 02:46:22 pm »
I don't know of any but if you find any let me know please...
Race for the little girl in the stands that you used to be!
The one that cheered for every racer no matter who they were!
The one that said Daddy, I can't wait to be on the track like them?

Jenny Wade

Offline JayT312

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2010, 03:07:49 pm »
I'm in northern kentucky so if i can find one in southern ohio or indiana that would be pretty close to.

Offline garagemonster

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2010, 10:04:31 pm »
Me, too! I've been searching but haven't found nothing? Have you guys already built one or in the process? Do you all know of any local circle tracks or reasonably close? How would you all just feel about having one some races??? Well if I ever get something built! lol

Offline docbro

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2010, 10:14:25 pm »
I'm in Western KY and have been racing 4 years whereever I can.  Mostly TN, AR (my home state), AL and of course OH
Kenny "Doc" Holder
2013 ULMRA FX Champion
2013 USLMRA 5th FXT
2012 USLMRA 3rd FX
2012 USLMRA 7th FXT
#606 GP, CP, BP, FX, FXT

Offline mr.smitty_78

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2010, 11:36:15 pm »
I also would like to see some races in ky. I know theres dirt tracks here. Im in somerset and lake cumberland speedway is like 10 mins away I am not sure but i think its a half mile I know its an oval and that the banks are pretty nice I would like to see some races at places like that near us kentuckians. Every one calls us hicks but we dont have an instate mower races besides maybe fairs or something. Whats the deal with that. Some one should start a league lol.
Josh
Theres also a quater mile dragsrip in jamestown where drag raing could be done. They let you run whatever you want but they dont really have anything sanctioned for mowers or anything like that.
Josh
Josh Smith

Offline garagemonster

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2010, 10:09:32 pm »
Mr. Smitty, Sir I totally agree!!! Sunday night, My friend just gave me a MTD Yard Machine!! Its still in the truck as type this... While i wounder what to do with it???? So how do we start this revolution???????

Offline mr.smitty_78

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2010, 12:52:05 pm »
I dont know for sure what we have to do to try to get some rades here. I do know berfore we do we would have to get enough participants who want to race in order to get something like this rolling. It is imperative to have enough competition inorder to be able to race affordably. The entry fees would have to be able to cover track cost, and a purse for the heats and the feature, along with the other costs involved we maybe could get volunteers to do the tech inspection or something like that but as i said there would have to be enough competion to do this. This type of thing is like Rome it cant be built in one day. I do also wish there was a league here. In order for us to start a league there would have to be a couple of us make a set of rules that we have carefully researched. Then we would have to figure out the track problem. It could be done but it would take alot of planning and patience. Thanks
Josh
Josh Smith

Offline garagemonster

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2010, 02:35:04 pm »
Josh, it seems like like you know a lot about this!Hmmm, I think you would make a great league president!!! You just let me know what I can do to help? I don't have a lot of extra time but I think this would be very fun! Maybe we should start a thred somewhere to see if there is enough intrest in the blue grass state! Then go from there! Thanks Chris
I hate it when I forget to use spell check!!!! Dope

Offline mr.smitty_78

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2010, 04:46:38 pm »
Heres one thing that we can do that may draw enough people over time to start a league or organization. Tonite i will start a group on yahoo and well see how many hits we get i will let you know more when i get it running it should be runnig by in the morning. I will look into the local speed ways when i get a number of who all would be concerned in racing in Kentucky. I will do what i can to setup a set of rules and restrictions aswell as safety rules for a league and we will go from there. The first thing though is finding enough participants to get something like this off and running. Thanks
Josh
Josh Smith

Offline George Herrin

• aka SUPERMAN
  • Superman
  • Highly Mowtivated
  • I am going to Race Every Race like its my last one
    • View Profile
    • BTMRA Home/Forum An Independant Club.
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2010, 04:49:36 pm »
You guys have ARMA and USLMRA clubs all around you use their rules or a combinatio0n of the two or build to US rules which is legal in both, ARMA rules allow more to be done and more options. The point is they have rules already laid out tried and true. Why re-invent the wheel.
George Herrin #6
Indian Power.. You gotta Go big to beat em or Go HOME
8 time ARMA National Champion
4 time USLMRA National Champion
Retired from BP
www.herrinmowersports.yolasite.com
www.allamericanmowerchampionships.yolasite.com
My other racer is a 1/5th scale Dirt Late Model!!!!

Offline garagemonster

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2010, 10:10:18 pm »
Sound great Josh let me know when that page is up!! Also let me know if you need anything? George we are not trying to change any rules or reinvent mower racing! We are just trying to figure out what is the best way to start a league! But thanks for the suggestion!

Offline George Herrin

• aka SUPERMAN
  • Superman
  • Highly Mowtivated
  • I am going to Race Every Race like its my last one
    • View Profile
    • BTMRA Home/Forum An Independant Club.
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2010, 10:27:00 pm »
By using either groups rules this give you a larger racer base to draw from. If you guys make your own set and no one wround you fits your builds it makes start up much harder and growth slower. Let me know if I can help in any way.
George Herrin #6
Indian Power.. You gotta Go big to beat em or Go HOME
8 time ARMA National Champion
4 time USLMRA National Champion
Retired from BP
www.herrinmowersports.yolasite.com
www.allamericanmowerchampionships.yolasite.com
My other racer is a 1/5th scale Dirt Late Model!!!!

Offline mr.smitty_78

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2010, 10:47:16 pm »
Thanks for the support guys ive got the page up its not completely finished but its Blue Grass Mower Sports in the yahoo groups section. I will try to get some rules together I will use rules from existing racing associations and leagues to speed things up and rather than reinvent the wheel our goal will be to make it roll a little better. Alls i plan to accomplish by doing this is to aid my fellow kentuckians in finding and having safe and enjoyable fun for the whole family. Everyone in Kentucky is invited to join. Even if your not in Kentucky you are invited if your interested in Mower Sports in general. Thanks Guys Josh
Josh Smith

Offline Rooster

• Global Pot Stirrer
  • Highly Mowtivated
  • Winning is always fair!!
    • View Profile
    • Cut Loose Racing
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2010, 01:45:45 am »
The best way to get started is start either a US or ARMA club. You will have the backing and support of the sanctioning body, and more importantly...INSURANCE!
Then you will be listed on their web sites and people can find you!

Love the Name!
Bert stole my cookies!!
 I think he used them to bribe Ed into something naughty?

http://www.cutlooseracing.com

anything