Author Topic: foot throttle and brake control  (Read 2760 times)

Offline vtwinjunkie

• View Profile
foot throttle and brake control
« on: September 16, 2006, 02:18:33 pm »
I am working on my first machine, I want a foot throttle and brake control also.  I have found "universal" pedals to use.  Does anyone have any recommendations on how to install this setup?  I am new so please bear with me.  My machine is going to be primarily used for hot-rodding around the neighborhood.  I do not currently intend to build one to race right now because the lack of a "mower racing circuit" in my area.  So the specs and rules for the racing will not necessarily apply in my case. Looking forward to meeting many of you guys throughout my build process.  Any help greatly appreciated, Josh.

Offline mowdak1

• Highly Mowtivated
    • View Profile
    • North Dakota Lawn Mower Racing Association
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2006, 06:52:21 pm »
Well what are you waiting on.... start a mower circuit in your neck of the woods!

See the G-Team Chassis Slideshows those might help you figure out some of what your scratching your head over.

And, welcome to Mowbetter!

Offline vtwinjunkie

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2006, 08:47:47 pm »
Hey! Thanks so much for the warm welcome!   The slideshow you linked me to does indeed help some.  I have a briggs 26hp vtwin(stock).  Who can I talk to about getting a cam for it?  What mods will be needed in order to run an aftermarket cam?  Will I have to modify the valvetrain also with the new cam?  I'm still in the early stages of my build, my first one obviously.

Offline mowdak1

• Highly Mowtivated
    • View Profile
    • North Dakota Lawn Mower Racing Association
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2006, 08:57:45 pm »
If it's an Intek, give Don a shout at G-Team, office hours and contact info are posted there on the site. See Full Contact Info link left navigation bar if you can't find it elsewhere.

You can shoot him an e-mail anytime, but he tries to reserve Sunday for family and he works swingshift on the day job, so his schedule is kind of odd for phone calls.

Not sure what he's doing to the valve train on those, but he does have a cam profile worked out.

If it's a Vanguard... he doesn't do those!

Offline MTDrider1160

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
    • PALMRA
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2006, 10:35:52 am »
i just used a door hinge and a 1/4 piece of roundbar w/a hole in the end of it for the cable for my gas pedal.  and a torsion spring to pull it back.