Author Topic: John Deere Pulling Tractor for 010  (Read 82377 times)

Offline Caseracer

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: John Deere Pulling Tractor for 010
« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2010, 07:26:09 pm »
That is one long rod.  I hope you don't plan on turning alot of rpm's.

Jack Jones
Hard Case Racing
Shakin' by a Roller Kohler

Offline FlatheadPuller

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 30, 2010, 07:32:19 pm »
Oh yeah! 7,000. The deck height height is 12.625. That is why the rod is that long. The engine has a very good rod ratio. 4 inch stroke with a 1.050 CH. I have one of Vogels latest S/A grinds for the cam grind. .340-290-8. It will turn 7k plus, catch it with the clutch and run down the track at 6500. It will turn it. If you new who made the rod you would not doubt it.
Dennis Bazzett
Grandville Michigan

Offline Big daddy

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 01, 2010, 11:07:18 pm »
It will/should work. Try and document your first few pulls as detailed as possible, i.e track conditions what gear you ran etc. Your gearing will need to be worked out because of the stroke difference. I really think once you get this lined out you will be satisfied. Ports, valve, and head work will make this motor. The devil is in the details!
Bruce Litton

Offline FlatheadPuller

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 08, 2010, 06:35:53 pm »
I received the new heart for my AGND. A nice custom made billet steel cam and gear. Vogel latest and greatest stock altered grind. This will make your 16 run Squidd.

Chuck Vogel put his kohler grind on my AGND cam blank I had made. This is a killer grind for the s/a 16's we'll see how it runs in my wisconsin.
Dennis Bazzett
Grandville Michigan

Offline Squidd

• Global Moderator
  • Highly Mowtivated
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 09, 2010, 02:13:04 pm »
Excellent, I finaly got the cam out of donor block will be sending in shortly to be reground.
Randy Stys
"Pull My Finger"
 63 Cub Cadet S/A

Offline FlatheadPuller

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 11, 2010, 10:34:27 am »
That cam I had done Randy is prolly a little more than what Chuck will put on a cast cam core, but I am unsure. You do have to use big base lifters with it. A .340 277 grind you can use stock lifters. The grind I had made is the .340-290/.340-286-8.

I did get my steering gear mounted and steering draglink and tie rod completed. It took a couple trys to get the lower mount finished the way I wanted but it turned out great and steers super easy.  I picked up set of sears suburban shell fenders off of ebay. $15 shipped. Almost the same as deere shell fenders. I also scored a pair of 112 deere shell fenders hoods with the hood stays and pivots for the front. I will have to make a dash. Made a trip over to St Johns Mi and picked up my suitcase weights I had made. 330lbs of them. I will take some more pics of them as well. There real nice wieghts, laser cut on a plasma table, 10.8lbs a piece with a handhole in  them. Just a few more little things before final welding and frame paint.

Dennis Bazzett
Grandville Michigan

Offline FlatheadPuller

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 11, 2010, 06:38:38 pm »
My son Sam's new stock class tractor. 16hp kolher, wheelhorse chassis and JD214 sheetmetal.

Dennis Bazzett
Grandville Michigan

Offline FlatheadPuller

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 02, 2010, 10:52:47 pm »
I finally found a hood I like. It is a David Bradley hood.
Dennis Bazzett
Grandville Michigan

Offline FlatheadPuller

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 08, 2010, 12:09:35 pm »
I will be posting some pics of my trans build in a couple weeks. I just ordered my four speed setup from Skip at mid atlantic performance. Cannot beat his prices anywhere. I will have a original reduction wich is 38% over and a 17,18,19,20 gear set. Waiting on my parts from the machine shop. New stainless valves and port work from C-Tech Performance in Wyoming Michigan. I am thinking of running the steel wheels. I think they would compliment the old school look of the hood. Yeah there a little heavy but I will have no problem with weight. Not much more to do to the chassis and I still think I will need all 400lbs of suit case weights to get up to 1050lbs.
Dennis Bazzett
Grandville Michigan

Offline Running on Empty

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 08, 2010, 07:40:58 pm »
I finally found a hood I like. It is a David Bradley hood.

That is an awsome hood!  I like it!

You dont hear much about David Bradley equiptment anymore.  I have an old David Bradley chain saw.  It runs like a top but holy cow is it heavy!  If you dont have ear plugs your ears are ringing in about 2 minutes.  Guess ergonomics were not a big issue back in the day.
Tim Waldorf
#29 Mod-x
www.bsmra2.com

Offline FlatheadPuller

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 11, 2010, 06:37:05 pm »
I just recieved a big box of four speed parts. 2 sets of gears, 2 forks, spacer kit. Now to put it together. I have a original reduction housing wich is 38% over and a 17,18,19,20 gear set. That works out to a 23,24,25,26 gear set. I will pull from 800lbs to 1150. I think 4 different weight classes. I also picked up a 1.200 stock body reworked kohler carb. Its getting closer.
Dennis Bazzett
Grandville Michigan

Offline FlatheadPuller

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 17, 2010, 08:21:49 pm »
Jrs tractor is done. Stock class machine with a box stock 16hp kohler@4000rpm.
Dennis Bazzett
Grandville Michigan

Offline FlatheadPuller

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 24, 2010, 09:17:13 pm »
I built the seat and fender pan this weekend. Here are a couple pics. I did round all the corners and then welded in some 1/2 round bar along the back of the seat and in the cutout by the shifter. It turned out nice. Also built the clutch and brake pedals. Old school way. 3/4 round tube pedals like the old style street rods with the pedals thru the floor. Those turned out killer. Forgot to take a pic though.
Dennis Bazzett
Grandville Michigan

Offline gtpuller

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 24, 2010, 11:55:19 pm »
Looks great man keep it coming!!!!
Tim Johnson

Offline FlatheadPuller

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 25, 2010, 08:00:46 pm »
I just got done grinding the case and assembling my transmission. I have built alot of 2-3 gear swap setups but never a four speed. I bought all my parts from Skip at mid-atlantic. Gears, spacers and forks. Bought julians dvd for assembling the trans. It basically fell together. Just have to drill and tap the fork shafts. After build the four speed with the aftermarket forks I will never monkey around modifing stock forks to work again. Saves SO much time its crazy. I did have to flip the carrier however because my setup drives off of the pto end of crank shaft. All in all alot easier than I thought.

Dennis
Dennis Bazzett
Grandville Michigan