Author Topic: just getting started  (Read 212045 times)

Offline gtpuller

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: just getting started
« Reply #270 on: February 13, 2011, 05:53:11 pm »
How we doing on the clutch...?

I'm at the point of getting a shaft made just haven't done it been pretty busy and moneys tight. It probably won't be a fortune but just don't have the extra. I hope to finish up what I am doing and get back to it soon.
Tim Johnson

Offline gtpuller

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: February 16, 2011, 07:02:08 pm »
I had all these parts laying around in a box so I decided to work on an engine test stand, This will take care of the wiring bit.

I have a stand and aluminum plate as well, I think the only thing I really have to buy are some battery cables.
Tim Johnson

Offline BlueBayou

• Turf Warrior
  • Josh Riddle
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: February 16, 2011, 09:26:07 pm »
Wow that mochine is looking great. didnt read it all but what kinda transaxle/ trans did you use? also what clutch is that? My father in law wants to build a v-twin dragster type and were lost on idea's and he wants to gas and go with no shifting down the track. thanks Josh
BLUE BAYOU

Josh

Offline gtpuller

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: February 16, 2011, 09:40:45 pm »
Wow that mochine is looking great. didnt read it all but what kinda transaxle/ trans did you use? also what clutch is that? My father in law wants to build a v-twin dragster type and were lost on idea's and he wants to gas and go with no shifting down the track. thanks Josh

Peerless 2300 transaxle cast iron, and its a motorcycle clutch from a honda 250, time will tell if it is going to work
Tim Johnson

Offline gtpuller

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: February 25, 2011, 12:29:35 am »
I picked out a machine shop today to make the shaft, took the clutch assy there to show him what we needed and he gave us a piece of 4130 steel and a cutter insert for the lathe, so pops is gonna rough the shaft and we are going to take it back to him to cut the splines and finish the shaft up. I think I picked the right machine shop! I also think I found a place to get the machine work done for my motor too. All in all a pretty good day.
Tim Johnson

Offline gtpuller

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: March 02, 2011, 09:17:20 am »
My pops had the shaft machined except for one last part of it and darned if he didn't cut it down just a few thousands too far. The rest of it was perfect. He hasn't had a chance to start over. Meanwhile I have been working on an engine test stand. Oh and it is actually 4140 steel we are using for the shaft not 4130.

Tim Johnson

Offline gtpuller

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: March 16, 2011, 07:15:05 pm »
The clutch/gearbox shaft is roughed out next have to take it to the machine shop to have it finished.

Still working on enclosing our old trailer I did some welding on it yesterday

I need the trailer to have a place to store the tractor

I also worked on my engine test stand today.  I hope to pretty much finish it up by the end of the week.

Tim Johnson

Offline gtpuller

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: August 04, 2011, 10:32:38 pm »
Been a long time! Numerous projects around the house, the heat and lack of funds has almost halted any progress on my tractor. However I found this at the local junk yard today and couldn't resist. I will put it under a tarp for now!

Tim Johnson

Offline Squidd

• Global Moderator
  • Highly Mowtivated
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: August 05, 2011, 02:27:51 am »
Now your talking...
Randy Stys
"Pull My Finger"
 63 Cub Cadet S/A

Offline gtpuller

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: August 06, 2011, 12:34:29 am »
It's a 1200 only a K301 12HP though
Tim Johnson

Offline Squidd

• Global Moderator
  • Highly Mowtivated
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: August 07, 2011, 05:55:44 pm »
30 cu/in Pro Stock...

It's still a solid platform to build on and parts are much more available . I know you have your heart set on that "one of a kind" build your doing, but I've found even though the cubs have been used for years and all parts are a phone call away, that putting together the right combination to be competitive is still an elusive skill...
Randy Stys
"Pull My Finger"
 63 Cub Cadet S/A

Offline gtpuller

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: February 14, 2013, 09:49:15 pm »
OOPS!!!!! I moved some pix around and broke some links for some pix in a couple of earlier posts! I haven't given up on the craftsman. Over the winter I have been working on the cub that I found last summer just finished all the bodywork/welding and the primer. It was a lot of work but I think it came out pretty good!

Tim Johnson

Offline synthia

• View Profile
« Reply #282 on: December 24, 2018, 01:50:26 am »
I am fed up by seeing my home backyard looking bushy with an overgrown lawn. I was using old traditional mower which doesn't cut long grasses so i am looking forward to buy a zero turn mower. Suggestions would be appreciated.