Author Topic: Race recap Writing Tips  (Read 1785 times)

Offline EelRiverRacer

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Mowmentum
Race recap Writing Tips
« on: October 13, 2009, 08:36:24 am »
In Mowmentum, you may be asked to do three different types or brands of writing.

For race recaps, follow these steps, and the transitions should be easier...
  1. Who, what, when, where in first paragraph.
   Ex: The Alleghany Mower Racing Association hosted its season finale Saturday, Oct. 10, 2009 at Fast-as-Grass Speedway. Over 50 mowers took the stage for the season-ender, with five series champions earning off-season bragging rights.

2. Recap each class and sprinkle in details if you have them ...
  Ex: In the Superstock division, Fast Driver claimed the feature checkers, wrestling away the lead from Second Placer with four laps to go, earning the overall title.

3. Add a quote if you got them (These must be real, libel is dangerous!)...
   "We were content with second, then Placer got a little loose and I was able to stick my nose under him ..."

4. Next class with detail (and you can throw in sponsors if you want) ...
  In the Sportsman, So-and-so needed a third-place finish to win the points title, and he did just that, sqeekign by with a second-place feature win and a 10-point season title with his Ryker-Racing-built powerplant.

5. Finish with "official" comment, and what's next.
   "The AMRA chapter experienced growth in leaps and bounds," Official Person said. "We're off until March 10, and I know there's a lot of mowers to be built in the off season."

One of the things I struggle with is quoting myself, and if you're also the PR person for your club, and you have success, it can be difficult. But just get it close, and I'll work with you.
Founder and Editor
Mowmentum Magazine
www.mowmentumonline.com

anything