Author Topic: Reasons to believe...  (Read 2392 times)

Offline EelRiverRacer

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Mowmentum
Reasons to believe...
« on: October 01, 2009, 11:49:03 am »
    The good thing about the Internet is that anyone can be anything under the disguise of a false reality.
    One thing I want to reassure to all of you who may participate, buy or advertise in "Mowmentum" is that I'm for real. As Popeye would say, "I am what I am and that's all that I am."
   Well, for me, I'm a story teller and an editor. We do share one common passion, though, and that's lawnmowers and the racing of such. My work address is www.perutribune.com if you want to fact check me.
    I've been in the newspaper industry for 12 years, and it wasn't until a month ago that a fire was rekindled that was nearly extinguished after the day-to-day routine of drug busts, court proceedings and commissioner meetings.
   Without giving my complete resume, I will say this, that you're content and ideas are safe with me. There's a brain-trust, so to speak, that I've bounced several ideas off of, and in turn, have had some bounced back to me.
   For three years, I was a sports editor in the hills of Southern Indiana, and covered the historic Salem Speedway (half-mile asphalt, similar to Bristol in build and bank), and several dirt tracks around the area. So I'm familiar with the racing lingo and how to recap events.
   Then I moved back to Northern Indiana and found the Twelve Mile 500 (twelvemile500.com) and built my first few mowers.
   I guess the biggest thing I can advise is to participate and be involved in this magazine. I can't do it all myself, although I'll sure make a run at it, and bounce ideas off of me.
   I believe in this product and the potential. More logistics need to be ironed out, but by the January edition, we should have a monthly budget that will leave you gripping the steering wheel tight until the product arrives in the mail.
  Thanks, everyone, for your support. To quote George's signature, "Wow, what a ride!" and this only the first month!

Your humble editor,

Aaron
Founder and Editor
Mowmentum Magazine
www.mowmentumonline.com