Author Topic: Rebuilding a 1977 Sear LT/10  (Read 34120 times)

Offline miatajoe

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Crowley Manor
Re: Rebuilding a 1977 Sear LT/10
« Reply #45 on: November 07, 2009, 09:56:45 pm »
Pull that one out and heat and bend to the correct amount of chamber... should be a easy fix. I bit having that tire like that is gonna bug you if you down fix it.

You can really see it in the rear shot of how much it leans.

You bet it is bugging the heck out of me.  Yes I will have to bring it into the shop at work to heat it up with the Rose Bud Torch.   Still waiting on parts wanted response from some dude that may have a good set of original spindles.   If he does not have what I require you can bet I will be heating them up to bend them into shape.  I have some new brass bushings on order from Sears because the old ones are warnout and after I install the new bushings I will be able to really see how the tires hit the road.

Offline miatajoe

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Crowley Manor
« Reply #46 on: November 13, 2009, 11:01:39 pm »
Built an exhaust system while I had Veterens Day.   With #1 Stepson in the army training to go to Iraq spent the day thinking about the troops past and present while I worked on the Tractor.

Used 1 inch black pipe and built a side pipe to come out under the drivers side foot rest.  Then braced it with some plumbing strap. 

Installed the new front spindle bushings and drove it around a bit in the driveway.  Thing drove great cannot wait until spring to put it into use on little farm we have hauling crap around.

New pictures coming this weekend.

Offline miatajoe

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Crowley Manor
« Reply #47 on: November 18, 2009, 09:48:45 pm »
Pictures of the installed exhaust system all I need now is a seat

Offline miatajoe

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Crowley Manor
« Reply #48 on: November 19, 2009, 11:01:48 pm »
The bowl on the carb was leaking a bit at the crush washer.   Sealed it up this evening with a little RTV Gasket sealent.   Waiting the 24 hours for it to cure before I fill her up with gas again to see if this solved my problem.  It should.

Offline miatajoe

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Crowley Manor
« Reply #49 on: November 24, 2009, 12:46:39 am »
That Carb was a bust without a rebuild Kit so I cleaned up a carb from an 11HP engine today and installed it on the engine.  Cleaned it up with a little carb cleaner after I pulled it all apart.  Tomorrow I will fire her up again to see how she runs.  It is getting more difficult to find parts for such an ol'tractor.   The 10 HP carb is difficult to find a rebuild kit but the 11 HP carb has plenty available from different online vendors.  The 2 carbs are basically same except for the high speed jets and parts for the 11 HP carb have a better rebuild kit.   I think I can get her to run right with this carb for awhile than order a rebuild kit.  Learned a new lesson do not use RTV on a carb.  Gas seems to melt it and it never cures.

Offline miatajoe

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Crowley Manor
« Reply #50 on: November 24, 2009, 10:28:52 pm »
Fired up the tractor today with the other carb installed ran freaking great. Going out in the morning to buy a seat for it and a muffler. It will be fully drivable tomorrow afternoon.
Project is almost coming to an end. Just need to pull the 18-8.5-8 tires off an old set of rims and install them on the 6.5-8 inch rims to replace the 16-6.5-8 tires.    

Offline brandonmc

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 24, 2009, 10:58:06 pm »
thats a nice looking paint job/ mower you have 8)

Offline miatajoe

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Crowley Manor
« Reply #52 on: December 09, 2009, 11:36:45 pm »
thats a nice looking paint job/ mower you have 8)

Thanks,   I enjoyed every moment while I worked on this project.   Still need to find a seat for it and the place that had them in stock a few months ago in town is no longer has them.   Started to search online for seats that I like.   Found a few but have not ordered one yet.   I want to spring load it for comfort.

Offline ctraugh2005

• BANNED
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 09, 2010, 03:22:40 pm »
I was reading this build and noticed there wasn't a finished picture in it.    Did you get it finished,  I love the way you ran the exhaust.  What kind of muffler did you get for it.   Sorry for bringing it from the dead but I  noticed the author is still active and its not that old.
Support our Troops
If you cant stand behind them, your welcome to stand in front of them.

Offline ncredleg

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 15, 2010, 04:09:19 pm »
Have you finished this? I would like to see some pics ,please. :woo: