Author Topic: How do I start?  (Read 5410 times)

Offline wall_e1981

• View Profile
How do I start?
« on: August 02, 2009, 08:56:20 pm »
Can anyone tell me what I need to do to start? I mean I obviously know to get a mower.... but then whats the first step after that I found a website that told me to strip down to the frame is that right? also where can I get a list of the rules for my area? I live in southeast ks... thanks

Offline The Tank

• Highly Mowtivated
  • #44 Tank Racing!!!
    • View Profile
Re: How do I start?
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2009, 09:20:52 pm »
The next thing I would do is find or decide which club or association I'd race with. You would probably prefer the closest but I'd try to go with an ARMA or USLMRA affiliated club. Next I would decide what class I want to run. If you have no previous racing experience then I would start with a Super Stock. They are fun, probably the most competitive, and cheapest to build. Plus you get seat time and you could always step up to a faster class after you get some driving experience in the hot seat.
Sorry had no idea this was posted in drag mowers. I have no clue about these, thought it was circle track. Again sorry not trying to mislead you just omit what I said up there.
Frank "The Tank" Woods

AKA "The Intek Outlaw"

Offline swmoracer

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: How do I start?
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2009, 10:34:19 pm »
I dont know of any drag racing in southeast Ks.But we do circle track race all around that area.There is a club out of Coffeyville.If you are interested PM me and I will get you hooked up.
Brent Scott
2009 AHLMRA Modified Single Points Champion
2009 AHLMRA C/P Runner Up