Author Topic: 739 catch  (Read 2367 times)

Offline LTL101

• View Profile
739 catch
« on: August 18, 2006, 11:21:49 pm »
I got  all  my  new parts  in  .....but  now  not  all   the  time  when I  turn  it  ...it  has  a  little  catch  in  it...
I  have taken  all  the  gears  out and looked  and  looked  but  I  can't  figure  out  where  the  snag  is???

Offline Squidd

• Global Moderator
  • Highly Mowtivated
    • View Profile
739 catch
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2006, 08:20:41 am »
1. Do you have all the gears facing the right way...
2. Do you have all the "syncro" washers facing the right way
3. Have you played with the shim washers each side of the shaft to keep gear clusters aligned...
Randy Stys
"Pull My Finger"
 63 Cub Cadet S/A

Offline LTL101

• View Profile
739 catch
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2006, 09:39:36 am »
I  did  try  all  of  that.....it  just hangs  up  once  in  awhile....not  everytime   ....  I  am   going  to mess  with  it  some more  and  see   what  happens?

Offline George Herrin

• aka SUPERMAN
  • Superman
  • Highly Mowtivated
  • I am going to Race Every Race like its my last one
    • View Profile
    • BTMRA Home/Forum An Independant Club.
739 catch
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2006, 09:55:53 am »
Here's what I see.....
Firts off you are using too MUCH silicone... Use a thin layer, put some uner the bushings and on the top of the bushings, (thin layer) the access that gets squeezed out can get inside and creat issues you won't like. Also the two silver bushings get rid of them or you will not like the end result either, they will seize whne they get hot regardless the amount of lube... NOW to get to you problem it appears to me from the bottom picture you have too much space or more than the rest between 4th and 5th gear on the shift key shaft. Is this so. Should not be, also whne putting the gears on that shaft there should be a beveled washer then first spur gear then washer then gear then washer then gear. With bevel side going toward shift keys then after the 5th gear a thrut washer and bushing. Also make sure that the shift shaft has no burs on the shaft on the lip of the shift key groove. But from what I see the spacing is off somehow it don't look right between 4th and 5th.
George Herrin #6
Indian Power.. You gotta Go big to beat em or Go HOME
8 time ARMA National Champion
4 time USLMRA National Champion
Retired from BP
www.herrinmowersports.yolasite.com
www.allamericanmowerchampionships.yolasite.com
My other racer is a 1/5th scale Dirt Late Model!!!!

Offline LTL101

• View Profile
739 catch
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2006, 10:56:29 pm »
OK   I  flipped  it flopped it almost sent  it  out   the  window....don't  ask  me  how everything  went...cause  I dunno...I  read   all  the  parts  list   and  looked  at  all  the  pics....it's back  together  and  seems  smooth....so  we  will  see  what  happens...thanks  again  for  all  your  help