Author Topic: help  (Read 5146 times)

Offline thecubkid

• View Profile
help
« on: July 09, 2009, 12:16:17 am »
i have an cub cadet 107 or 106 cant remember at the moment but i got it for free cause it needs a motor and what ever cub cadet uses to hook up  the shaft. but my question it what do i need to hook a motor up to the shaft i have no clue what i need and were to get it if anyone has the i guess clutch assmebly could you possible sell it to me or at least point me in the direction of were to get one cause i have had this tractor for around 2 years and cant start it till i get this part!!! :confused:

Offline Big daddy

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: help
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2009, 06:49:25 am »
It matters what model it is in relation to which transaxle it is. 3 speed or hydro? Then we can determine what pieces you need.
Bruce Litton

Offline thecubkid

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2009, 02:09:36 pm »
ITS HYDROSTATIC

Offline Big daddy

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2009, 02:12:58 pm »
Let me know what parts you do have and I can look up the rest. I have a parts book for that tractor. A lot of the numbers have been replaced, but you can still get the part you want. For the hydrostat there is not much to hook up the motor to the shaft.
Bruce Litton

Offline thecubkid

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2009, 02:27:11 pm »
im missing everything, all that is still thier is the shaft and i have a v twin briggs off a 80s sears can i hook that motor up or only a kohlar?

Offline Big daddy

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2009, 02:49:47 pm »
The 106,107 had a 10hp. Kohler K241 motor in it from the factory. I am not sure if the crank centerline or offset will be the same, nor the drive hub that attaches to the flywheel will fit up the same. The drive hub has a dowel pin in it that goes into the flywheel.I can look up the rest of the parts this evening that goes to that set up and let you know the rest of the parts.On the other hand you can use a 12,14,16, and 18hp single Kohler K series motor in that tractor. The 10hp. motor has a different oil pan for that tractor in comparison to the 12-18. other than that all the large block K series singles will just bolt in.
Bruce Litton

Offline thecubkid

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2009, 02:54:55 pm »
oh ok well ill try to hunt down a kohler then but i may still try the v twin idea.

Offline flatlanderfornow

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2010, 10:18:37 pm »
You will have to do some frame modding to fit a V-twin in that chassis. The stock Kohler for a Cub
has a base that allows the engine to sit real low in the frame.  It can be done, you will have to do some
cutting and welding.  Also, the V is wider so you will have to spread the frame rails at the same time.
I was going to do this for a puller, but came across a 1606 spread frame that will take any twin
with few mods.  If only I had more time and money...........
Todd Potter
603-922-5269

Offline mr.smitty_78

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2010, 10:17:14 pm »
You can convert the hydro to a gear drive fairly simply all the wholes and everything are already there just one of two things is wrong either the wrong thing is there or nothing is there. Most of the clucth stuff you can buy after market but you will have to hunt a few things like the clutch hanger for example and of course a 3sp unless you want to buy one of them from midwest or something. The easiest way to do it and figure up what youll need is to get a manual and parts book for the gear drive model cub you have. Remember that most all Narrow Frames intechange parts from one another as do the wide frames. Now a trans from any model interchanges but other parts will not. IE the clutch hanger from a 1200 is not going to fit a 106. PS all the odd numbers are Hydros and the evens are Gear drive. Thanks Josh
Josh Smith