Author Topic: John Deere 111 Rookie Build  (Read 56719 times)

Offline The Tank

• Highly Mowtivated
  • #44 Tank Racing!!!
    • View Profile
Re: John Deere 111 Rookie Build
« Reply #30 on: October 29, 2012, 10:49:23 pm »
those of you that have used this style machine, did you reuse the plate that holds the stock clutch in place? I was gona reuse it for strength and then add a plate for the 700 under the fenders. Also on the engine plate, did you cut all the what looks like belt guides out of there and add different ones once you got your engine pulley on? Thanks. I wish the guy that built this mowchine was still here or active.
When I built a mower like this, I did reuse the stock clutch mounting plate and I did mount my tranny plate below the rear fenders. Its been a while so I cant remember the belt guides that you are referring to.
Frank "The Tank" Woods

AKA "The Intek Outlaw"

Offline Burwell555

• Hot Rod Hitman
  • Highly Mowtivated
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 29, 2012, 11:36:28 pm »
No I did not reuse the stock clutch plate, I made my own to use with the stock clutch. My 700 was below the fenders with no mods to the fenders as well. My build is on here a couple pages back. Titled John Deere 180 build. From start to finish
Zach Burwell
#555 of Triple Nickel Racing

Wanna know a quick way to lose 8 pounds?!

Offline WEASLE

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 30, 2012, 12:01:10 am »
When I built a mower like this, I did reuse the stock clutch mounting plate and I did mount my tranny plate below the rear fenders. Its been a while so I cant remember the belt guides that you are referring to.

welded to the bottom side of the engine plate. between the hole for the crankshaft and the big plates on the end to hold the hood. they are about 1.5 in tall. and kinda has a 3 way angle, to go around the drive pully I believe. One question on how you reinforced the frame, what did you use to reinforce it? I was thinking C channel and put the opened end towards the inside of the frame and leave the flat part out so it would basically make the frame a rectangle box. thanks.

No I did not reuse the stock clutch plate, I made my own to use with the stock clutch. My 700 was below the fenders with no mods to the fenders as well. My build is on here a couple pages back. Titled John Deere 180 build. From start to finish

yeah I have been looking at this build as well.
Reese Kennedy

Offline The Tank

• Highly Mowtivated
  • #44 Tank Racing!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 30, 2012, 12:08:52 am »
Oh yeah I remember now. I did cut that. I did not do any reinforcing on the frame since it was already c channel. The one place I can tell you it will bend is where the lift linkage went through the c channel. Its notched out. That is where mine bent when it was wrecked. Main reason I didnt add bracing to the c channel is because the tranny plate stiffened it up quite nicely. If I had it to do over again I would do it exactly the same only add a brace where the notch that I referred to in the channel. Race ready that mower with a single cylinder briggs weighed out at 301 lbs.
Frank "The Tank" Woods

AKA "The Intek Outlaw"

Offline WEASLE

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 30, 2012, 12:22:53 am »
now your talking about the notch where it doesnt have the lip of the C channel on it correct?

also did you leave the brackets on the engine plate for the hood to sit in or did you redo something there?

thanks for the help tank
Reese Kennedy

Offline The Tank

• Highly Mowtivated
  • #44 Tank Racing!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 30, 2012, 12:29:51 am »
now your talking about the notch where it doesnt have the lip of the C channel on it correct?

also did you leave the brackets on the engine plate for the hood to sit in or did you redo something there?

thanks for the help tank
Correct on the notch in the channel. I didnt reuse the stock hood setup. I redid mine with 1 inch tubing. I cut the bumper that mounts to hood in half, welded a piece of 1 inch tubing in it. I had it set up so that I could pull the hinge pin and remove the hood out the way so that I could work on the engine easier.
Frank "The Tank" Woods

AKA "The Intek Outlaw"

Offline WEASLE

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 30, 2012, 12:36:08 am »
any way to get a pic of that? I think I know what you are saying but want to make sure.

thanks
Reese Kennedy

Offline The Tank

• Highly Mowtivated
  • #44 Tank Racing!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 30, 2012, 12:39:24 am »
any way to get a pic of that? I think I know what you are saying but want to make sure.

thanks
I lost that mower after a nasty wreck. Ill go thru some of my pics and see if I can find a pic for you.
Frank "The Tank" Woods

AKA "The Intek Outlaw"

Offline WEASLE

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 30, 2012, 12:40:12 am »
cool thanks again.
Reese Kennedy