Author Topic: IMOW- governor ?  (Read 12089 times)

Offline LittleMow

• Turf Warrior
  • #88L "Made To Dominate"
    • View Profile
Re: IMOW- governor ?
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2009, 09:23:59 am »
Roost: I will fill her up, the other carb is a one peice carb. Should i try that any way? Governor spring is origninal. I will try to replace that as well. Thanks for the help! I'm just set on the fact that it has to be something simple being that a few hundred rpm difference will cause this. Got 12 days till my first race so plenty of time to get her dialed in!
*2010 2nd year/ First year mod-x c/p*
*2009 1st year build/ IMOW class*

Offline Old Goat

• Mow-Forum Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Juniata County Outlaws Mower Racing Club
« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2009, 09:49:26 am »
Like Rooster said try all that first. If it still surges and you want to try the adjustable high speed needle you will need the right one. I dont think the one out of the 10 hp carb. will work. It is too short. The high speed jet on a Walbro LMT carb is the little brass jet that screws in from the side of the aluminum post that the bowl fastens to. Once the bowl is removed it is easy to see. IT HAS TO BE REMOVED if you are going to use the adjustable needle that EC sells. The point of the needle is long enough so that it goes up inside the emulsion tube, which is the brass screw head that looks like a jet if you look straight up into the bottom of the aluminum body once the bolt that holds the bowl on is removed. It threads into the same hole as the bolt that holds the bowl on. What it does, is turns the emulsion tube into an adjustable jet, the further out you turn the screw, the more gas is sucked up the tube. Once again, make sure you remove the main jet. If you do not, it won't matter how far out you turn the adjustable needle because the main jet will only allow a certain amount of gas through and that's it. If your adjustable needle is too short to reach up inside the emulsion tube, it will run way too rich and probably flood out. There was a post on here somewhere with the part number of the adjustable needle assy for the LMT carb.
Jim Klauss
Boogity Boogity boys, let's go racin'
http://jcomrc.com/

Offline LittleMow

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2009, 10:04:36 am »
ok got it. take a look at this link: http://outdoorpowerinfo.com/repairs/briggs_walbro_lmt_carb.asp
 If you see in photo#9. I do not have this. It is just a hole. Now photo#11 and 12. this is my setup for the main jet. I will take a look at this adjustable main jet that i have and see if it is long enough. Thanks

Offline Old Goat

• Mow-Forum Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Juniata County Outlaws Mower Racing Club
« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2009, 10:39:54 am »
I don't have any LMT carbs that have the main jet on the bottom of the emulsion tube, like in photo #12, but if yours is that way, and you are going to use an adjustable needle, then I beleive you would want to ream out the hole in the main jet, just a little, so you have some adjustability.
That is a very good page on LMT carbs!
Jim Klauss
Boogity Boogity boys, let's go racin'
http://jcomrc.com/

Offline LittleMow

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2009, 10:59:44 am »
ok makes sense. If you go to that link and some where above where they have a list of part numbers is a link that says "go to site home page" then scroll down to repairs, troubleshooting. they have a bunch of carbs listed on there. Now that adjustable high jet i have from another carb looks like the one in photo #7,8 and 9 in this link:  http://outdoorpowerinfo.com/repairs/briggs_large_one-piece_flo-jet_carb.asp