Author Topic: kohler 15.5 hp motor wont start!!!!!!!  (Read 11715 times)

pastfast125

kohler 15.5 hp motor wont start!!!!!!!
« on: August 09, 2006, 08:45:04 pm »
Yester day, me and my friend were riding my stock craftsman LT4000 threw the woods and we were just riding and it was running good until it ran out of gas, lol. Well i go back home on my quad to get gas and every thing and when i went back to the woods to fill it up, i tried to start it and it wont, we tried for like ever. So today i took the carb apart and cleaned it real good, i put it back on and tried starting it, it still didnt start it olny ran wen i sprayed gas in the carb. so after i tried that, i wonted to make shore the motor was getting gas, i checked the fuel pump and it was pumping, i checked and cleand the fuel filter, then i cchecked to see if it was pumping down to the carb and it was. so i tried starting it again, it olny ran wen i sprayed gas in the carb. sry for the grammer, im just in a hurry. lol, wat do u guys think happend? thanks!!

Offline mowerracer69

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2006, 09:31:21 pm »
hey man i would have to say something in the carb is still messed up if you take the float bowl off are you getting gas to run out their???
matt

pastfast125

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2006, 01:14:51 pm »
yeah, he float bowl is getting gas, wen a took it off all the gas came out of the carb, i was thinking it might be a electrical problem because theres a wire the runs threw the bottom of the float bowl and i was thinking that might be the problem, wat do u guys think?

Offline disorderlybmxer

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2006, 02:58:11 pm »
Sounds like an anti fire switch.

I removed the nut where the wire goes into the carb and removed the needle and spring.
Tony

pastfast125

i got it running, bit still problems
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2006, 01:11:41 am »
i got it running, for sum reason if i go down hill it surges and starts acting all werid and barley runs, how ever if i go up hill, it runs perfectly. What the heck is going on here?

Offline birdman_express

• I'm not fast...but man I can eat! INTEKS RULE THE PITS!!
  • Global Moderator
  • Highly Mowtivated
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2006, 01:22:38 am »
Sounds like the something in the float/needle and seat area is messed up.
Marc Baker

ARC Dealer

Marc from ARC.... "Billet Billet"