Author Topic: race prepped tranny worth?  (Read 5242 times)

Offline IBuiltmine-o1oo

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
race prepped tranny worth?
« on: July 28, 2006, 03:08:47 pm »
i ahve 4 or 5 700's running condition, also on top of those i have 3 that i have 'race prepped' down to the letter in georges instructions....

including the steel bevel gears, new 4 key shift keys, new brass, new needle bearing, oil seal, and a pint of amsoil gear oil ready to go in.

i have been asked to sell one of these race prepped ones, and i want to know what they are worth. i have about 150 bucks into it... i know its worth more them that, if a take off stocker is going for 125 on egay...
Oh come on man. You got no lady fingers, fuzz buttles, snicker bombs, church burners, finger blasters, gut busters, zippity do das, or crap flappers?
No, I don't.
You're gonna stand there, owning a fireworks stand, and tell me you don't have no whistling bungholes, no spleen spliters, whisker biscuits, honkey lighters, hoosker doos, hoosker donts, cherry bombs, nipsy daisers, with or without the scooter stick, or one single whistling kitty chaser?

Offline cycloneracer

• Easy Parcheesy!!!!!!!
  • Global Moderator
  • Highly Mowtivated
  • Easy Parcheesy!!!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2006, 04:50:19 pm »
I just got a stocker off ebay for $68.  Have seen them go as high as $150 for stocker.  But here is the catch I can buy a NEW 700-039 for $190 and it has the steel gears, 4 key shifter, and bearings on the output shaft.  And it is all new.  So I'll only go to $100 on ebay because by the time I buy the parts to make it new I'll be way over the price of a new one.  
So I'd say that  $150 is probably a decent deal for one that is rebuilt and ready to go.
Later
Paul Krueger

****2017 USLMRA FXT points Champion****

#150 Worlds First "sidewinder" FX (now dismantled)

#150 FXT  Sponsored by Zach Kerber Machine. http://zkbrmachine.com/

Easy Parcheesy Racing

Offline IBuiltmine-o1oo

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2006, 06:09:37 pm »
that sounds fair....
now where can i get a new 039 for 190?
Oh come on man. You got no lady fingers, fuzz buttles, snicker bombs, church burners, finger blasters, gut busters, zippity do das, or crap flappers?
No, I don't.
You're gonna stand there, owning a fireworks stand, and tell me you don't have no whistling bungholes, no spleen spliters, whisker biscuits, honkey lighters, hoosker doos, hoosker donts, cherry bombs, nipsy daisers, with or without the scooter stick, or one single whistling kitty chaser?

Offline fordfan

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2006, 06:35:27 pm »
yes i would like to know where at also, seriously thanks

Offline cycloneracer

• Easy Parcheesy!!!!!!!
  • Global Moderator
  • Highly Mowtivated
  • Easy Parcheesy!!!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2006, 06:39:31 pm »
I have a buddy that works at the local implement dealer.  He gets them for me.  Not sure if it is cost, but it probably is.  If you seriously want one I can ask him what he will sell one for and I can ship it to you.  So it would be cost of tranny plus actual shipping because it will come in a box that I can ship.
Let me know
Paul Krueger

Easy Parcheesy Racing

Offline cycloneracer

• Easy Parcheesy!!!!!!!
  • Global Moderator
  • Highly Mowtivated
  • Easy Parcheesy!!!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2006, 06:47:00 pm »
O.K.  Looks like we have some intrest.  I need to talk to him to see if we can even do this, I don't want him to get in trouble for selling parts at cost.  So here is the deal, I'll talk to him next week and see what I can do.  Then I'll put up a post for all who may be interested I'll only want to make one order because I'm not going to make any money on this deal.  Just trying to help.  I'll post back next week with news and mower info if we can make this work.
Thanks
Paul Krueger

Easy Parcheesy Racing

Offline IBuiltmine-o1oo

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2006, 06:52:08 pm »
sounds good, ive worked parts department before... and i gave a few god deals and all of a sudden i got tons of people coming in and wanting the  deal!
thanks!
No, I don't.

Offline fordfan

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2006, 06:22:52 pm »
is there a picture of a 700-039 somewhere or does somebody have a picture of one  thanks

Offline mowdak1

• Highly Mowtivated
    • View Profile
    • North Dakota Lawn Mower Racing Association
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2006, 06:30:20 pm »
Looks just like the 700 pictured here, you'll have to check the tag to know the difference!

http://www.heymow.com/viewtopic.php?p=3895#3895

Offline matt25001149

• Mow-Forum Junkie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.WesternOntarioOutlaws.com
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2006, 06:36:16 pm »
doesent the outpt ride on ball bearings ?????? have heard this on another post somewhere on the board
#87 Outlaw
Western Ontario Outlaws

Offline fordfan

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2006, 06:52:30 pm »
thanks for the info and pics. so in order to set on of these up would you have to have a jack shaft assy. and a axle, yes? i am very new to this sport and need just a little push in the right direction. i have a peerless 813 transaxle if this will work fine let me know or should i go with a 700-039 thanks

Offline Squidd

• Global Moderator
  • Highly Mowtivated
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2006, 06:56:32 pm »
The 700s are trannys... and use a chain to drive straight axle... so no Jack shaft is required....

The 813 is a trans"axle" and a jackshaft would be required if you want to lower chassis lower than stock ride height..
Randy Stys
"Pull My Finger"
 63 Cub Cadet S/A

Offline fordfan

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2006, 06:58:37 pm »
thank you

Offline mowdak1

• Highly Mowtivated
    • View Profile
    • North Dakota Lawn Mower Racing Association
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2006, 10:15:17 pm »
Quote from: "matt25001149"
doesent the outpt ride on ball bearings ?????? have heard this on another post somewhere on the board

I believe George did mention that in another thread, but I don't believe that would not be a noticeable difference looking at the case in the machine Matt. If anything you'd probably have to clean the case up to see the difference, there would have to be an oil seal around the shaft as well, and as bearings and oil seals go it would probably leak a little making everything extremely dirty under there. If cleaned up, yes you might notice the oil seal as opposed to the bushing. Cases would otherwise be identical in appearance.

anything